Monday, February 4, 2008

3 months

What is 3 months?? 90 days? A season, such as fall or winter? 3 packs of birth control pills? 30 days is NOTHING. And that's how much longer my grandma's doctors expect her to live. Despite chemo and radiation, her cancer has pretty much attacked her liver, and probably her bones, too. She'll find that out for sure after her bone scan tomorrow. She'll go back to the doctor next week and make an appointment for hospice to come out to her house. She doesn't want to do any more treatments- her doctor didn't recommend it, and it probably wouldn't help anyway.

And yet she's fine. Not afraid at all. She actually told my dad to go to church tonight and request prayer for her daughters and granddaughters. I've cried a lot today. I think I'm still in shock- its like this isn't even happening. But at the same time, I'm grateful. Grateful that she knows God, that she knows where she'll be when she takes her last breath. Grateful that she got to know and love my children. Grateful for the privalidge to have her as my Mamaw.

Right now I'm too beat to think about this anymore. I hope I can sleep tonight.

No comments: