Monday, February 11, 2008

More chemo

I just talked to my mom. My grandma is having a chemo treatment right now. This is a shock to everyone. My mom's upset. Mamaw had made up her mind to not do treatments anymore. Last week the doctor said he couldn't recommend more treatments, that her body would not tolerate them, and that they would only prolong the inevitable. Everyone had adjusted to this decision. We were beginning to have peace about it. Then they go back today and the doctor apparently starts trying to talk her into more treatments. She said she would try for us, for her family. She said if she did these treatments, maybe she would have time to plant one last garden. Heavy stuff, to say the least. I will say this-- if she does make it long enough to plant a garden, my boys and I will be over there every day doing it for her and making more precious memories. I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm relieved that she isn't giving up, angry at her doc for "dangling a carrot", and lots more. She is such a precious woman.

No comments: