Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Old School

Today I was a substitute teacher at my old elementary school. It was a little weird. A lot of the same staff/teachers are still there. Only now they treated me like a grownup...which I am...but it was still strange. I also saw my friend Megan, who I used to go to church with. Not only was it great to see her, but she agreed to have a Girls Nite Our for my The Body Shop at Home Business. Yay! I need all the business I can get!

I missed Jordan while I worked today. A lot. More than I thought. I'm glad I get to stay home with him tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, its Halloween. Shaun will be a pirate and Jordan will either be a dinosaur or a lion, depending on the weather. I guess I will go as a stressed-out mom. We're not doing the trick-or-treat thing this year. We'll be at our church's Fall Festival instead. They'll have a concert, inflatables, tons of candy, etc. Should be fun.

I think Shaun is finally catching on in math. His regular ed teacher sent home a worksheet tonight, and he did it pretty much on his own. He receives resource education in Math since he's below grade level, so it was great to see him doing stuff the "normal" class is doing. Baby steps- always baby-steps. Its hard to be patient about things like this. He's not getting his tutoring sessions in this week, either. Mrs. Kirk, his tutor, had a death in her family and is out of town. Say a prayer for her, she was extremely upset when she phoned me yesterday.

No comments: