Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Firsts



Jordan's had several firsts lately. Some of them are:

His first hair cut. He had been needing to have his hair trimmed for quite some time. On a whim, I took him to have it done. The only thing I regret is that I didn't have my camera. He sat so still and was very cooperative, and I was pleased with the end result. He looks so different without his "mohawk" sticking up.

His first big boy bed. He'd been climbing out of the crib for several weeks, so we finally broke down and switched out the beds. He had a great time jumping up and down on it, and I started to worry that he'd never get to sleep. But that night, he went right to sleep all by himself. He also fell out a couple of times, so we had to prop tons of pillows up all around him. He does great at night, always going right to sleep. Naps are a different story. He hasn't taken a nap all week and I'm open to any suggestions on how to get a toddler to nap in his own bed!

His first head wound. This happened yesterday at my mom's. He pulled a stocking holder off of the edge of the stairs and knocked a hole in his head. Thankfully, it wasnt serious and just needed a band-aid. Pretty scary, though.

His first "thank you". When I brought him his lunch today he looked up at me and said "thank you". Too sweet!

These are just a few. He's doing more and more every day. I know I sound like an old grandma saying this, but he really is growing up too fast!

Here are some pictures...


Sleeping in his new bed

Enjoying his Thanksgiving meal


Doing his homework

No comments: