Thursday, January 3, 2008

And the fasting begins

I've decided to begin fasting a few days early. Our church begins an annual corporate fast this Sunday, but I'm ready to get started. This is my first time fasting, and I'm excited to see what happens. I'm also nervous. Everyone who knows me knows I love food. I'll even say that I'm addicted to food. I eat way, WAY too much of it. If nothing else, I hope to break this bad habit over the next 23 days.

I went grocery shopping tonight for fruits, veggies, distilled water, and all-natural fruit juice (which is harder to find that you may think). I pray that God gives me the strenghth and will power to complete this fast. In the Bible, God's people are commanded to pray, give, and fast. I think I'm doing pretty well with the praying and giving. I read a verse in the Bible a few weeks ago that stated that some demons can only be conquered by fasting. I'm ready to rid my house and family of all the demons! I'm ready to be closer and more obediant to God. I'm ready to really hear what He has to say to me. I'm ready for a whole new outlook on life. I've heard the first 3 days are the roughest, so we'll see if my attitude changes tomorrow! I'm determined to stick it out.

I went over to my sister's house tonight and watched "Three". We've both read the book it was based on, by Ted Dekker. As usual with books-turned-movies, the book was way better. It was still good, though. It would suck to have three personalities.

No comments: