Monday, January 14, 2008

Homework and other disasters

Today was more of the same. It seems like it should be at least Wednesday by now. But no. Its only Monday. I feel like I've been breaking up fights all day. Shaun and Jordan have been arguing non-stop. Actually, today wasn't so bad until about 5:00. We got home from tutoring and Shaun did not want to do his homework. He fussed, whined, got angry and out of control. The funny thing is, he only had spelling homework, which is what he's best at. He could have finished in about 15 minutes. It ended up taking nearly 2 hours.

Dr. Connell thinks that maybe his seizure med isn't doing what it should. So we increased the dosage a little, along with an increase in Abilify. I am actually having to work his way up to the new seizure med prescription. The last tim we increased too fast, and it was a disaster. The pharmacy had to order the Abilify so he's not taking that yet either. I think in a couple of weeks his med for ADHD will also have to go up. Shaun is definitely not staying focused on anything. I feel so badly for him. I wonder what he thinks about himself. I wonder what its like to feel so completely out of control of your own body. So I'm trying to get in touch with Shaun's psychologist again. He works alone, so in order to make an appointment I have to call his answering service, leave a message, and wait for him to call. This is annoying, especially when he always calls me back when I'm not home. Gotta love the phone tag.

On a positive note, Shaun brought home a 100 on his spelling test Friday and he also read a LOT better tonight than he has been. I'm so glad God gives us small miracles when we need some encouragement!

I made a really good recipe for dinner tonight with 'fast friendly' foods. Whole grain pasta covered in organic tomoatos with sauteed onion, red and green peppers, brocolli, garlic and oregano. Jordan ate it like a pig.

I had a headache today. When Jordan was napping I went to rest for a while and would up sleeping for nearly 3 hours. I woke up just in time to pick Shaun up from school. The headache went away though. Chris is working late tonight. I thought I'd be up all night due to my long nap, but I'm already exhausted again. Time for bed.

No comments: