Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The new year's here

So, 2008 is here. We rang in the new year in a very low-key way. My sister and her family came over, along with 2 more friends. We ate and watched movies. The kids played. Jordan's the only one who didn't make it to midnight. As usual, he climbed in bed and went right to sleep when he got cranky.

Today we had New Year's lunch at my mom's. Thank goodness she made something besides peas and collard greens (gag). We had to take a trip to Wal-mart to exchange Shaun's new basketball goal. The manufacturer sent the wrong poles in the box or something like that. Chris finally bought his ipod.

Shaun's emotions have been all over the place today. He reminds me of a pre-menstrual teenage girl. So glad we have an appointment with the psychiatrist this week. We've got to get his meds fixed. For now we're just trying to humor him.

Its going to be an early morning for us tomorrow. Jordan has an appointment with his allergist at 8:45. The freezing cold temps should make that interesting. Then he's got a dentist appointment later on in the morning. I'm really going to have to meet with his dentist. I'm not satisfied that he's qualified to treat Jordan. I don't think he's ever had a patient with Ectodermal Dysplasia. To top it off, I'll have Shaun with me, too. His moodswings should make things exciting to say the least. I'm tired just thinking about it. Ugh. Maybe it won't be too bad. I'm anxious to get to church tomorrow night. I'm needing some encouraging. Bring it on, Pastor Franklin!

No comments: